Web Platform for sim racing competitions
Logitech Multinational manufacturer of computer peripherals and software
sim racers tournaments
Backend: Node.js, Express.js, Sequelize lib as ORM, PostgreSQL, AWS
The Client is a well-known international racing platform that blurs the boundaries between the gaming world and the real world.
Developex role is the development of the web platform for Sim Racing competitions.
The platform provides possibilities to register for online races in 3 genres:
- Sports Car
- Open Wheel
- Stock Car
All participants are split among four regions: North America, EMEA, LATAM, and Asia Pacific, based on the country of their location.
All races are hosted by two different games – Assetto Corsa Competizione and iRacing.
Race after race, each driver can earn points and go over the tournament ladder to participate in semi or grand-final races. The best players are rewarded with prizes.
Although the platform allows registering for an online event. The developed platform receives and processes results as from online, so from offline races, combining all results and generating a tournament table from all participants, in all regions, and in all genres.
The platform is built for users to provide them a comfortable way of tracking their progress, so user feedback and thoughts are welcomed and can be shared with the Development team via the feedback form and by sharing their experience and thoughts on social media.
The platform allows users to:
- Register and manage their accounts
- Link their Logitech account to iRacing and Assetto Corsa Competizione accounts
- See the schedule of all races planned for the season, converted to the time of a user time zone
- Participate in races, and earn points for each race throughout the season
- Check leaderboards with their results and the results of other participants
- Monitor their progress through the season on User Dashboard
- Communicate with the Logitech Team via the feedback form
- All content is adaptive to different screen sizes and supports multiple languages
was responsible for:
(backend and frontend)
Creating, supporting, and maintenance of testing documentation
Creating, supporting, and maintenance of project documentation (estimations, reports, etc.) and requirements specification in the form of user stories
- Results aggregation and season points calculation. The difficulty was due to a combination of different sources of results gathering, like: combining results from online and offline races, adjusted with manual results correction made by the race holders due to penalty points for a particular driver(s).
- Results updated on the website should be with the minimum delay. That was important to gather, process, and publish race(s) results quickly after a race ended up in all regions for all genres.