Developex is a custom software development company providing dedicated teams and the full range of the Web application development services needed to create and launch effective enterprise and Cloud-based solutions for businesses of any size and industry.
Our 19 years of experience in Web development gives us the possibility to deliver backend, frontend, and cloud web solutions based on the latest technologies and highest market quality standards.
- 19 years of experience in Web & Cloud development
- Around 100 successfully realized Web solutions
- More than 50 Web specialists in our team
- Experienced UI/UX and 3D Design team
- Team of Business Analysts, Product and Delivery Managers
- Compliance with industry standards
Our main benefits:
- Full Software Development Life Cycle
- Highly-Skilled Developers
- IT Staffing/outstaffing, Offshore/Nearshore Development Center (RDC) - teams of 2-15 developers
- Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP)
- Custom software development
FROM IDEA TO SCALABLE SOLUTION
We provide a full-cycle web and cloud development, from prototyping to design and implementation, then on to support and maintenance.
- Definition — What is web and cloud development?
- Mobile friendly web applications, Progressive Web Applications, Responsive and Adaptive web design
- Technologies we use
- Tools for desktop for web and cloud application development
- Examples of Web and Cloud Applications Development
- Industries where Web and Cloud apps are often used
- More Articles on web and cloud development from our blog
- Dedicated team with Developex
- Our Methodology for Project Management
Definition — What is web and cloud development?
Web development refers to building, creating, and maintaining websites. It includes such aspects as:
- web design
- web publishing
- web programming
- database management
Web-based app can be as simple as a message board on a website, or as complex as a multiplayer mobile gaming app that you download to your device.
In general, the full web application development cycle includes such steps:
- Analysis of business requirements and market conditions
- Drafting technical specifications
- Prototyping web applications
- Interface design development
- The adaptive layout of a web application
- Programming the server and client parts of the program
- Testing web applications
- Launching and technical support
Cloud development involves developing the cloud that means developing the cloud architecture (planning, organizing, designing) to implement and structuring cloud delivery models (Iaas, Paas, etc).
Additional tasks in cloud development include managing the cloud service delivery models. It's about connecting outside provider data centers back to your company’s network, creating a recovery plan in case the cloud service goes down, network bandwidth and more.
Cloud development typically includes integrated development environment, application lifecycle management components (test and quality management, source code and configuration management, continuous delivery tools), and application security testing components. This can include anything from back-end, front-end, web application, full-stack, data and application integration and cloud application deployment.
After all, a cloud app — software product where cloud-based and local components work together.
Mobile friendly web applications, Progressive Web Applications, Responsive and Adaptive web design
If you already have a web app, you will probably need to redesign and recode it to make it's design mobile (responsive) friendly. What does it mean?
Mobile web apps are websites written in HTML/CSS and run by a browser for comfortable phone experience. They aren't mobile apps.
It might be challenging to understand - to build a native app or a mobile website.
The answer is pretty clear - if you are developing, for example, a game so an app is going to be your best option. But if your main aim is to offer a mobile-friendly content to the wide audience - a mobile website is the best solution.
Of course, building a mobile-friendly website requires a lot of effort, but if you want to raise your business on the next stage - establishing a mobile presence for your business or organization is one of the first steps.
So why should your web app be mobile friendly? There are some important reasons for that:
- easy accessibility
- integrating social media
- user experience
- the SEO importance
Mobile (responsive) web design allows your web application to adapt and deliver the best experience to users, whether they’re using desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
As mobile use continues to grow, a mobile-friendly responsive website is the right choice. There are some strong advantages of mobile web apps under native apps:
- no need to update (websites are easy to update, usually users don't even notice those process)
- available for all users (not only on specific platforms like iOS/Android)
Sometimes a product requires not a responsive design for mobile support , but an Adaptive web design. Adaptive design is when an application is created specifically for this type of device (for example for mobile only and not for desktop browsers).
Also a growing trend now is implementing Progressive Web Application (PWA) which looks almost like an usual application but delivered through a mobile browser. Thus it supports the advantages of native applications (works offline, has notifications, local database, connectivity with web services, etc). And at the same time has advantages of web application - updated by pushing new versions to web-servers, doesn’t require real installation and is faster to start. Now more and more companies are released PWA applications, like Spotify, Uber, Pinterest, Google (Chat), and others
Overall, Developex can assist you with both. You decide whether you need a mobile website or a mobile app, or maybe both of them.
No doubts, both can be a strategic and valuable choice. When it comes to your business strategy, it’s not a question of a mobile website or an app, because both are useful. It all comes down to time, resources and budget.
Technologies we use
We provide custom web and cloud development services for more than 20 years. Custom web development requires knowledge of different technologies. Depending on what you need, our professional developers obtain knowledge of all needed programming languages and frameworks to create the finest solution.
Web application development:
Cloud application development:
- AWS, Azure, Heroku, Google Cloud
We work with all these technologies, which means our experts can combine multiple technologies to create exactly what your business needs.
Tools for web and cloud application development
Frameworks and technologies:
Technologies and languages:
- MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Cloud and APIs Integration:
Data Exchange and APIs Integration:
- Social (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), Services (Auth, Backend, Email, Cloud, Jira, Confluence), BigData
Cloud, BaaS and Databases:
- AWS, Azure, Parse, MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MongoDB, Cassandra
Devices and browsers:
Our web development experience gives us the ability to make your web software available on any browser, device, and form factor.
- Win, Mac, iOs, Android, watchOS 6, Wear OS
- PC, Laptop, Mobile phone, tablet, smartwatch
- Chrome, Mozila, Safari, Opera, EE, Edge
Examples of Web and Cloud Applications Development
Industries where Web and Cloud apps are often used
We have served customers from various industries for almost two decades.
Our dedicated development team will become a true part of your technical department and will gradually work on the maintenance, development, and extension of your web-based enterprise solution or software product. Below are some of our most popular requests:
- Web Application Development
- E-commerce Solutions
- Business Intelligence Solutions
- Single Page Application Development
- Enterprise Web Development & Design
- Business intelligence (BI) platforms
- ERP, CRM platforms
- Cloud integration
- Business helpdesk systems
- Logistics software
- Intelligent Resource management systems
- Bank and Financial solutions
- Document management solution
- Recruitment platforms
- GIS and navigation
- Chats and chatbots
- Social applications
- Healthcare and sport software
- IoT software
- Wearables and sport software
- Audio / Video managing and creation software
- Media and entertainment
- Broadcasting solutions, etc.
- Custom Cloud Applications
- Cloud-Native Apps
- Cloud Migration and Integration
- Cloud Data Management Solutions
- Cloud SDK Development
- Cloud ERP Solutions
More detailed information in our related showcase.
More Articles on web and cloud development from our blog
Dedicated team with Developex
Developex dedicated development team service is the best solution for companies who want to focus on profit and productivity or extend the in-house software development team in a cost-effective manner. By utilizing personnel in offshore and near-shore locations, we can efficiently create an ideal-size team for your needs.
Our main focus is to set up a dedicated development center for long-term cooperation and support of our Partners. We can offer a full development team set up, as well as the team extension for the ongoing project.
- We offer services customized according to your requirements and needs
- With our help, you define the team and skills you desire - different technologies, level of education, years of experience, unique expertise, etc.
- We agree about the working model and set up a communication channel within your team.
- You participate in interviewing and shortlisting processes.
- After the team is created, we maintain the infrastructure and allocate our Senior Managers’ time for reviews and improvements, maintaining high motivation and an equally high level of engagement in the team.
We strengthen our service by complimentary services including, but not limited to:
- temporary staffing and team extension
- specialized knowledge consultations
- 24x7 support
- security audits
- continuous integration process setup and training
- additional advice on software development practices, team management, or quality control
- Competitive prices for our services
- Hight speed of team setup
- The Option of complete control over the team with maximum protection from security, budgetary, and team connection concerns
- Security and intellectual protection
- Developex take care of all Administrative and Operational tasks, so you can focus on your production
- Ability to set up at 24/7 support
- Business trips and workshops
- Team relocation possibilities
- unique recruiting strategy helps to select only highly professional and motivated candidates
Our Methodology for Project Management
We base our work on the Agile paradigm (Scrum/Kanban/XP) and on effective communication by our Project and Delivery Managers with Product Owner from Client’s side.
We believe that fast reaction in a constantly changing environment and having a strategic “map” of possible impacts in place and kept up-to-date helps to prevent risk and deliver the best overall results.
Developex team can work with you to cover the full software development cycle, starting from software product design and planning, requirements analysis, UI/UX, firmware and software development, up to testing and 24/7 support upon project completion.
With Developex you are able to create synergy and close relationships with your remote team, which will be part of your corporate culture!